- to collide with; bump into.
- to destroy or severely damage by a bombing raid; bomb (an enemy target).
- to destroy or shoot down (an enemy aircraft).
Origin of prang
First recorded in 1930–35; imitative
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for prang
More, he had cared so much that it had quite distorted his judgment of Mr. Prang.
I agree that it was at its best when Prang was doing the Indian notes.
Oh, Mr. Wilkinson will take you, or Mr. Prang; but are you sure you won't stay?
"Well, I'm sure that's not Mr. Prang's fault," Amory retorted.
"I know you don't like Mr. Prang," she said, looking fixedly at the asbestos log.
- an accident or crash in an aircraft, car, etc
- an aircraft bombing raid
- an achievement
- to crash or damage (an aircraft, car, etc)
- to damage (a town, etc) by bombing
C20: possibly imitative of an explosion; perhaps related to Malay perang war, fighting