- that may be presented.
- suitable or socially acceptable in appearance, dress, manners, etc., as for being introduced into society: a presentable young man.
- of sufficiently good, clothed, or clean appearance; fit to be seen: Are you presentable now?
Origin of presentable
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. becoming, proper, acceptable.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for presentability
A sudden doubt had just assailed me as to my presentability.
Her ladyship softened down Miss Tyrawley's groom to presentability.When Ghost Meets Ghost
William Frend De Morgan
From this observed fact we drew conclusions unfavourable to the general appearance and presentability of the Mytilenian ladies.
- fit to be presented or introduced to other people
- fit to be displayed or offered
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for presentability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper