- that may be presented.
- suitable or socially acceptable in appearance, dress, manners, etc., as for being introduced into society: a presentable young man.
- of sufficiently good, clothed, or clean appearance; fit to be seen: Are you presentable now?
Origin of presentable
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. becoming, proper, acceptable.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for presentable
We as women always want to look nice and presentable, but there is a balance there.The First Lady of 2012?
March 22, 2009
She had still much to do, ere she could be presentable for college.The Channings
Mrs. Henry Wood
I would not have him see you such a horrible figure—not presentable!Tales And Novels, Volume 9 (of 10)
And I hastened to seek a presentable lounge-suit from his bags.Ruggles of Red Gap
Harry Leon Wilson
I was scarcely in a presentable condition, travel-stained as I was.Adventures and Recollections
Bill o'th' Hoylus End
It should be as fanciful as possible, so as just to be presentable in Society.The Confessions of a Caricaturist, Vol. 1 (of 2)
- fit to be presented or introduced to other people
- fit to be displayed or offered
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for presentable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper