- to study or collect the minerals of a region.
Also especially British, min·er·al·ise.
Origin of mineralize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to impregnate (organic matter, water, etc) with a mineral substance
- to convert (such matter) into a mineral; petrify
- (of gases, vapours, etc, in magma) to transform (a metal) into an ore
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The restoration of lost mineral constituents to the body, especially to bone.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.