- a person or thing that resuscitates.
- Medicine/Medical. a device used in the treatment of asphyxiation that, by forcing oxygen or a mixture of oxygen and carbon dioxide into the lungs, initiates respiration.
Origin of resuscitator
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for resuscitator
The resuscitator of 'Portrait' book-plates in England in recent times was the late Mr. Thoms.Book-Plates
William J. Hardy
- an apparatus for forcing oxygen or a mixture containing oxygen into the lungs
- a person who resuscitates
- One that resuscitates, as an apparatus that forces oxygen or a mixture of oxygen and carbon dioxide into the lungs of a person who has undergone partial asphyxiation.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.