- BillBojangles, 1878–1949, U.S. tap dancer.
- Board·man [bawrd-muh n, bohrd-] /ˈbɔrd mən, ˈboʊrd-/, 1876–1952, U.S. painter and illustrator, born in Nova Scotia.
- Brooks Calbert,born 1937, U.S. baseball player.
- Edward G.Emanuel Goldenberg, 1893–1973, U.S. actor, born in Romania.
- Edwin Arlington,1869–1935, U.S. poet.
- Frank,born 1935, U.S. baseball player: first black manager in Major Leagues, 1975.
- Frederick John, Viscount Gode·rich [gohd-rich] /ˈgoʊd rɪtʃ/, 1st Earl of Ripon,1782–1859, British statesman: prime minister 1827–28.
- Jack RooseveltJackie, 1919–72, U.S. baseball player.
- James Harvey,1863–1936, U.S. historian.
- Mary,born 1944, Irish lawyer and politician: first woman president 1990–97.
- RayWalker SmithSugar Ray, 1921–1989, U.S. boxer.
- Sir Robert,1886–1975, English chemist: Nobel prize 1947.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for robinson
A bounty hunter told AFP that the suspected Texan could very well be Everett Livvix of Robinson, Illinois.The Strange Case of the Christian Zionist Terrorist
December 14, 2014
“Somebody suggested [we give him] a $1,000 baseball signed by Mickey Mantle [in exchange for the URL],” Robinson told me.Ben Carson’s Bizarrely Serious, Seriously Bizarre Campaign Crew
November 12, 2014
There was “some note of caution” attached to hiring Knox, thanks to the negativity from the case, Robinson said.
“We approached her originally to give her the opportunity of a normal life,” Robinson told The Daily Beast.
Robinson said the cast could hardly wait to see who would be next.When Eva Braun Met Anna Nicole Smith
October 26, 2014
What if he were to take Robinson's advice: fix up a bit and—marry?Dust
Mr. and Mrs. Haldeman-Julius
The great army must have looked much like a band of Robinson Crusoes.Introductory American History
Henry Eldridge Bourne
His friendship with Mrs. Robinson lasted some sixteen years.
Mr. Robinson hired it, and furnished it with peculiar elegance.
I was apprised of the proceeding, and I questioned Mr. Robinson upon the subject.
- Edward G., real name Emanuel Goldenberg . 1893–1973, US film actor, born in Romania, famous esp for gangster roles. His films include Little Caesar (1930), Brother Orchid (1940), Double Indemnity (1944), and All My Sons (1948)
- Edward Arlington . 1869–1935, US poet, author of narrative verse, often based on Arthurian legend. His works include Collected Poems (1922), The Man Who Died Twice (1924), and Tristram (1927)
- (William) Heath . 1872–1944, British cartoonist and book illustrator, best known for his comic drawings of fantastic machines
- John (Arthur Thomas)1919–83, British bishop and theologian, best known for his controversial Honest to God (1963), which popularized radical theological discussion. He was suffragan Bishop of Woolwich (1959–69)
- Mary . born 1944, Irish barrister and politician: president of Ireland 1990–97; UN high commissioner for human rights (1997–2002)
- Smokey, real name William Robinson . born 1940, US Motown singer, songwriter, and producer. His hits include "The Tears of a Clown" (1970) (with the Miracles) and "Being with you" (1981)
- "Sugar" Ray, real name Walker Smith . 1921–89, US boxer, winner of the world middleweight championship on five separate occasions
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Idioms and Phrases with robinson
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.