- pink or pinkish-red; roseate.
- (of persons, the cheeks, lips, etc.) having a fresh, healthy redness.
- bright or promising: a rosy future.
- cheerful or optimistic: rosy anticipations.
- made or consisting of roses: a rosy bower.
Origin of rosy
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. flushed, blooming, healthy.
2. pale. 3. unpromising. 4. cheerless.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for rosiness
The creamy texture of her skin had flushed to rosiness in the cold fountain.Two Thousand Miles Below
Charles Willard Diffin
And this rosiness, so like redundant vigor, was it not the flush of her hot task?Dr. Sevier
George W. Cable
The rosiness was all departed from his cheeks; he quivered with suppressed wrath.The Lion's Skin
Mr. Mitchett showed a rosiness that might positively have been reflected.The Awkward Age
Her face looked anxious and distressed through all its rosiness.Four Winds Farm
- of the colour rose or pink
- having a healthy pink complexionrosy cheeks
- optimistic, esp excessively soa rosy view of social improvements
- full of health, happiness, or joyrosy slumbers
- resembling, consisting of, or abounding in roses
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for rosiness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper