- Pa·draic [paw-drik] /ˈpɔ drɪk/, 1881–1972, Irish poet and dramatist, in the U.S. from 1914.
- SaintSaint ColumbaSaint ColumcilleApostle of Caledonia, 521–97, Irish missionary, founder of Iona.
- Saint,a.d. 521–597, Irish missionary in Scotland.
- Also called Columba Noae [noh-ee] /ˈnoʊ i/. Astronomy. the Dove, or Noah's Dove, a southern constellation between Caelum and Canis Major.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Padraic (ˈpɑːdrɪk). 1881–1972, Irish lyric poet, resident in the US (1914–72)
- as in Alpha Columbae. a small constellation in the S hemisphere south of Orion
Latin, literally: dove
- Saint. ?521–597 ad, Irish missionary: founded the monastery at Iona (563) from which the Picts were converted to Christianity. Feast day: June 9
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012