- to make known; reveal or uncover: to disclose a secret.
- to cause to appear; allow to be seen; lay open to view: In spring the violets disclose their fragrant petals.
- Obsolete. to open up; unfold.
- Obsolete. disclosure.
Origin of disclose
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. show, tell, unveil. See reveal. 2. expose.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to make (information) known
- to allow to be seen; lay bare
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for self-disclosed
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper