- pertaining to or marking the completion of a period of 150 years.
- a 150th anniversary or its celebration.
Origin of sesquicentennial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sesquicentennial
Many of us have tired of the blizzard of histories marking the sesquicentennial of the first years of the American Civil War.Atlanta’s Fall Foretold The End Of Civil War Bloodshed
September 1, 2014
- of or relating to a period of 150 years
- a period or cycle of 150 years
- a 150th anniversary or its celebration
Word Origin and History for sesquicentennial
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper