- a person of less than average stature (sometimes used as a disparaging and offensive term of address).
- a garment designed to be of short length, as a hospital bed jacket.
- Also shaw·ty [shaw-tee] /ˈʃɔ ti/. Slang.
- a girl or woman: We watched the shorties on the dance floor, all lookin' so fine.
- a girlfriend or sweetheart: Me and my shorty went to that new club over on Ninth last night; what a scene!
- noting a garment designed to be of short length: a shorty nightgown; shorty pajamas.
Origin of shorty
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for shawty
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper