- the act of stretching one's limbs, as on awakening or by exercise.
Origin of streeking
- to stretch (one's limbs), as on awakening or by exercise.
- to extend (one's hand or arm), as in reaching for or offering an object.
- to stretch out or prepare (a corpse) for burial.
- to fall or lie prostrate.
- to move quickly, especially to advance.
Origin of streek
1200–50; Middle English (north) streken, variant of strecchen to stretch
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018