- the fact of existing; existence (as opposed to nonexistence).
- conscious, mortal existence; life: Our being is as an instantaneous flash of light in the midst of eternal night.
- substance or nature: of such a being as to arouse fear.
- something that exists: inanimate beings.
- a living thing: strange, exotic beings that live in the depths of the sea.
- a human being; person: the most beautiful being you could imagine.
- (initial capital letter) God.
- that which has actuality either materially or in idea.
- absolute existence in a complete or perfect state, lacking no essential characteristic; essence.
- Nonstandard. since; because; considering that (often followed by as, as how, or that): Being it's midnight, let's go home. Being as how you cooked supper, I'll do the dishes.
Origin of being
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the state or fact of existing; existence
- essential nature; selfshe put her whole being into the part
- something that exists or is thought to exist, esp something that cannot be assigned to any categorya being from outer space
- a person; human being
- (in the philosophy of Aristotle) actualityCompare becoming (def. 3)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for superbeing
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Idioms and Phrases with superbeing
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.