- of the nature of or involving supposition; suppositional.
- supposititious or false.
- Grammar. expressing or noting supposition, as the words if, granting, or provided.
- Grammar. a suppositive word.
Origin of suppositive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for suppositive
It tends to slanting and suppositive traducing of the records.Cambridge and its Story
Charles William Stubbs
- of, involving, or arising out of supposition
- grammar denoting a conjunction introducing a clause expressing a supposition, as for example if, supposing, or provided that
- grammar a suppositive conjunction
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012