- a person or thing that teases.
- Theater. a drapery or flat piece across the top of the proscenium arch that masks the flies and that, together with the tormentors, forms a frame for the stage opening.
- Printing, Journalism. kicker(def 9).
- an advertisement that lures customers or clients by offering a bonus, gift, or the like.
- Television Slang. tease(def 5).
Origin of teaser
Examples from the Web for teaser
None, however, have been as all-out cute as this one, a shot-for-shot remake of the teaser with dogs and cats.'Star Wars' Goes to the Dogs (and Cats)
Alex Chancey, The Daily Beast Video
December 10, 2014
Hackers have leaked the clip as a teaser for a full sex tape, which they claim will be released online soon.‘The Fappening’ Yields A Fake Kim Kardashian Sex Tape
October 9, 2014
In what looks like a “teaser” for more rants to come, John Cantlie speaks to the camera and continues to live, at least for now.An ISIS Hostage Taken With Beheaded James Foley Spouts ISIS Propaganda
September 18, 2014
On Thursday Sledgehammer games released a teaser for the “new era” of Call of Duty, which is set for release this November.Kevin Spacey and the Most Inexplicable Celebrity Video Game Cameos
May 3, 2014
The news went public when a teaser shot of the brand's Spring/Summer 2014 campaign was posted to Instagram on Friday.Kate Middleton's Hair Stylist Gets the Boot; Lady Gaga Fronts Versace's Latest Campaign
The Fashion Beast Team
November 25, 2013
In the evening the Teaser, after great exertions, was got off.How Britannia Came to Rule the Waves
Oh,” I said at last, “if we could only see the Teaser coming up the river!Blue Jackets
George Manville Fenn
"I could build you a teaser here," said Bosinney, breaking the silence at last.The Forsyte Saga, Complete
These ships were the "Yorktown" (12 guns), the "Jamestown" (2 guns), and the "Teaser" (1 gun).Famous Sea Fights
John Richard Hale
Besides,256 the teaser will get his thrashings very soon from other boys.Religious Education in the Family
Henry F. Cope
- a person who teases
- a preliminary advertisement in a campaign that attracts attention by making people curious to know what product is being advertised
- a difficult question
- vet science a vasectomized male animal, such as an ox, used to detect oestrus in females
Word Origin and History for teaser
"short sample, introductory advertisement," 1934, agent noun from tease (v.).