- of or relating to the telegraph.
- concise, clipped, or elliptical in style: telegraphic speech.
Origin of telegraphic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for telegraphically
Some of the islands are cut off telegraphically from the rest of the world.Our Journey to the Hebrides</p>
Joseph Pennell and Elizabeth Robins Pennell
Massawa is also telegraphically connected with the outside world by a cable to Perim via Assab.
- used in or transmitted by telegraphy
- of or relating to a telegraph
- having a concise style; clippedtelegraphic speech
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for telegraphically
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper