- of or relating to a system of telpherage.
- to transport by means of a telpherage.
Origin of telpher
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for telfer
"It's not so easy as it seems, Mr. Hewitt," Telfer answered, shaking his head.The Red Triangle
Naturally Telfer did not pay to Elliot: he paid to Buccleuch, if to any one.
We now take the Scott version where Telfer has arrived at Branksome.
I am in Mr. and Mrs. Telfer's setting-room, I believe, ma'am?
But you, dear Mrs. Telfer—you weren't at the reading—what are you cast for?
- a variant spelling of telpher
- a load-carrying car in a telpherage
- another word for telpherage
- (as modifier)a telpher line; a telpher system
- (tr) to transport (a load) by means of a telpherage
C19: changed from telephore, from tele- + -phore
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012