- having a chromosome number that is four times the basic or haploid number.
- a tetraploid cell or organism.
Origin of tetraploid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having four times the haploid number of chromosomes in the nucleus
- a tetraploid organism, nucleus, or cell
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having four times the haploid number of chromosomes in the cell nucleus.
- A tetraploid individual.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.