- a system of beneficent magic practiced by the Egyptian Platonists and others.
- the working of a divine or supernatural agency in human affairs.
Origin of theurgy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the intervention of a divine or supernatural agency in the affairs of man
- the working of miracles by such intervention
- beneficent magic as taught and performed by Egyptian Neoplatonists and others
C16: from Late Latin theūrgia, from Late Greek theourgia the practice of magic, from theo- theo- + -urgia, from ergon work
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012