Also Thoth·mes I [thoth-meez, -mes, toht-, thohth-] /ˈθɒθ miz, -mɛs, ˈtoʊt-, ˈθoʊθ-/.
or Thothmes II
or Thothmes III
- flourished c1500 b.c., Egyptian ruler.
Also Thotmes I, Thothmes I, Thut·mo·sis I [thoot-moh-sis] /θutˈmoʊ sɪs/.
or Thotmes II, Thothmes II, Thutmosis II
- flourished c1495 b.c., Egyptian ruler, son of Thutmose I, half brother of Thutmose III.
or Thotmes III, Thothmes III, Thutmosis III
- flourished c1475 b.c., Egyptian ruler: conqueror of the Middle East.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for thothmes
When the sarcophagus-chamber was at length reached, it was found to contain the empty sarcophagi of Thothmes I and of Hatshepsu.History Of Egypt, Chalda, Syria, Babylonia, And Assyria In The Light Of Recent Discovery
L.W. King and H.R. Hall
Look at the mummy of Thothmes at Boulak, and think what Cleopatra must look like now.Mrs. Falchion, Complete
"That is the case," said Thothmes, more immovably than ever.When Ghost Meets Ghost
William Frend De Morgan
Like Thothmes the Great, his first concern was with regard to his arms.
Thothmes I. was the grandson of the Aahmes who drove out the Hyksôs.Ancient Egypt
- died c. 1500 bc, king of Egypt of the 18th dynasty, who extended his territory in Nubia and Syria and enlarged the Temple of Amon at Karnak
- died c. 1450 bc, king of Egypt of the 18th dynasty, who completed the conquest of Syria and dominated the Middle East. He was also a patron of the arts and a famous athlete
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012