- using or consisting of three letters.
- (of Semitic roots) consisting of three consonants.
- a triliteral word or root.
Origin of triliteral
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for triliteral
Triliteral and Multiliteral Propositions (such as “All abc are de”).Symbolic Logic
Triliteral, trī-lit′ėr-al, adj. consisting of three letters.
We can recognise any Semitic dialect by the triliteral character of its roots.Chips From A German Workshop - Volume I
Friedrich Max Mller
As Egyptian roots seldom exceeded three letters, there was no need for triliteral phonograms to spell them.
- having three letters
- (of a word root in Semitic languages) consisting of three consonants
- a word root of three consonants
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012