- a person or thing that trips.
- British Informal. a person who goes on a pleasure trip or excursion; excursionist.
- Slang. a person who is under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug, especially LSD.
Origin of tripper
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for tripper
There must be no mistaking an artist from London for a Plymouth tripper.Armorel of Lyonesse
They do not encourage you to come to Evian in the capacity of tripper.Lausanne
Francis Henry Gribble
Tripper (who is proud of his superior acquaintance with a foreign language).Mr. Punch On Tour
It was far from the track of the tripper, and had not then been spoilt by the wealthy tourist.The Childerbridge Mystery
A week-end tripper, or somebody with a flourish at each end of his name?Swirling Waters
- a person who goes on a trip
- mainly British a tourist; excursionist
- another word for trip (def. 7)
- any device that generates a signal causing a trip to operate
- the signal so generated
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012