- trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious talk or writing.
- to talk in a trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious manner; prate.
- to utter as twaddle.
Origin of twaddle
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. drivel, nonsense, prattle, rubbish.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- silly, trivial, or pretentious talk or writing; nonsense
- to talk or write (something) in a silly or pretentious way
C16 twattle, variant of twittle or tittle; see tittle-tattle
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for twaddler
"silly talk," 1782, probably from twattle (1550s), of obscure origin.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper