- to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- to complete (a distance or period of time): to have accomplished the age of 70; We accomplished the journey in little more than an hour.
- Archaic. to provide polish to; perfect.
Origin of accomplish
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. complete, fulfill; execute, effect.
1. See do1.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unaccomplishable
And at these visions of theirs we have mocked, and held them for idle and vain, unreal and unaccomplishable.
In one brief year and a half I had lived my life, dreamed the undreamable, accomplished the unaccomplishable.Wings of the Wind
- to manage to do; achieve
- to conclude successfully; complete
C14: from Old French acomplir to complete, ultimately from Latin complēre to fill up. See complete
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for unaccomplishable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper