- having or proved by a certificate: a certified representative.
- guaranteed; reliably endorsed: a certified check.
- legally declared insane.
- committed to a mental institution.
Origin of certified
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uncertified
Such figures, uncertified, would challenge the credulity of the uninitiated.The New Education
But once I was a certified lunatic, and have never been uncertified since.A Prisoner in Turkey
In the ultrasimple universe imagined the reference is uncertified.The Meaning of Truth
The uncertified purifier is to be put in chains, his clothes taken from him, and his head cut off.The History of Antiquity
He did not burst upon the public with an uncertified demand to be accepted as Divine.
- holding or guaranteed by a certificate
- endorsed or guaranteeda certified cheque
- (of a person) declared legally insane
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012