- to censure or find fault with.
- to judge or discuss the merits and faults of: to criticize three novels in one review.
- to find fault; judge unfavorably or harshly.
- to make judgments as to merits and faults.
Also especially British, crit·i·cise.
Origin of criticize
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. condemn, blame. 2. appraise, evaluate.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to judge (something) with disapproval; censure
- to evaluate or analyse (something)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for uncriticizable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper