- raised or elevated, as in rank or character; of high station: an exalted personage.
- noble or elevated; lofty: an exalted style of writing.
- rapturously excited.
Origin of exalted
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. sublime, grand.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- high or elevated in rank, position, dignity, etc
- elevated in character; noble; loftyan exalted ideal
- informal excessively high; inflatedhe has an exalted opinion of himself
- intensely excited; elated
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012