- not disposed to forgive or show mercy; unrelenting.
- not allowing for mistakes, carelessness, or weakness: the unforgiving nature of aviation.
Origin of unforgiving
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unforgivingness
Her aunt had left out all that mattered—all the feeling, the hate, the love, the unforgivingness of passionate hearts.The Forsyte Saga, Volume III.
- not willing to forgive; unmerciful
- (of a machine, system, etc) allowing little or no opportunity for mistakes to be corrected
- harsh and unremittingan unforgiving and desolate landscape
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for unforgivingness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper