- full of glamour; charmingly or fascinatingly attractive, especially in a mysterious or magical way.
- full of excitement, adventure, and unusual activity: the glamorous job of a foreign correspondent.
Origin of glamorous
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. captivating, beguiling, fascinating, alluring, bewitching.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- possessing glamour; alluring and fascinatinga glamorous career
- beautiful and smart, esp in a showy waya glamorous woman
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for unglamourous
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper