- deviating in direction from the horizontal or vertical; sloping.
- disposed; of a mind (usually followed by to): He was inclined to stay.
- having a physical tendency; leaning.
- tending in a direction that makes an angle with anything else.
Origin of inclined
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (postpositive often foll by to) having a disposition; tending
- sloping or slanting
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012