- of or relating to one sex only.
- having only male or female organs in one individual, as an animal or a flower.
Origin of unisexual
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to one sex only
- (of some organisms) having either male or female reproductive organs but not both
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having the sex organs of only one sex; not hermaphroditic. Used of organisms.
- Having stamens and pistils in separate flowers borne on the same plant; diclinous. Used of flowers.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.