- of undetermined or indefinitely great extent or amount; unlimited; measureless: the unmeasured heavens.
- unrestrained; intemperate: unmeasured rage.
- Prosody. not metrical.
Origin of unmeasured
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. immense, vast. 2. unstinting, lavish.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unmeasured
It was as if a sea in unmeasured storm were billowing nearer and nearer.Despair's Last Journey
David Christie Murray
The offence which led to this unmeasured punishment was "looking impudent!"The Book-Hunter
John Hill Burton
Mr. Platitude was filled with wrath, and abused Dissenters in most unmeasured terms.Lavengro
Mr. Clay indulged in unmeasured denunciation of the whole thing.Hidden Treasures
Harry A. Lewis
Only here is the look of immense, unmeasured, immeasurable age.The Book of the National Parks
Robert Sterling Yard
- measureless; limitless
- unrestrained; unlimited or lavish
- music without bar lines and hence without a fixed pulse
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012