[yoo-rey-nee-uh n, -reyn-yuh n]
- pertaining to the planet Uranus.
- (of males) homosexual.
Origin of Uranian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uranian
Those cannot remain imprisoned on the Earth, and their destiny is to live the Uranian life.Urania
The Uranian couldn't stand radiation for any length of time.
There was an odd bass rambling which Grant recognized as the voice of a Uranian.
Is this the outcome of the woman in the uranian temperament?Studies in the Psychology of Sex, Volume 2 (of 6)</p>
He doubted even that there was such irregularity in the Uranian orbit.
- a hypothetical inhabitant of the planet Uranus
- of, occurring on, or relating to the planet Uranus
- of the heavens; celestial
- relating to astronomy; astronomical
- (as an epithet of Aphrodite) heavenly; spiritual
- of or relating to the Muse Urania
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012