- the development or eruption of urticaria.
Origin of urtication
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for urtication
In a medical point of view, urtication, or stinging with nettles, is a practice not sufficiently appreciated.Curiosities of Medical Experience
J. G. (John Gideon) Millingen
- a burning or itching sensation
- another name for urticaria
- a former method of producing counterirritation of the skin by beating the area with nettles
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The formation or development of urticaria.
- The sensation of having been stung by nettles.
- A lashing with nettles formerly used to treat a paralyzed part of the body.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.