- Harold Brent [brent] /brɛnt/, Hal, 1899–1986, U.S. film producer.
- John,1616–1703, English mathematician.
- a male given name, form of Wallace.
- a female given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for wallis
Everyone who saw Beasts of the Southern Wild knows Wallis is a unique talent, but still, no one saw this coming.The Golden Globes Sobers Up (Sort Of): Years of Ridicule and Bribery Rumors Scares HFPA Straight
December 11, 2014
Philanthropist Wallis Annenberg has been asking even more for her huge home (once owned by Michael Landon).The Rise of the Malibu Movie Colony
April 29, 2014
Wallis Wilde-Menozzi is just a student in a miniskirt looking for adventure when she first visits Italy.This Week’s Hot Reads: April 22, 2013
April 22, 2013
Throughout the last awards season, Wallis was known for carrying around adorable purses in the shape of a puppy.
It was one of the few bits last night that truly worked, so we should be thankful that Wallis was game for participating in it.
"His is a most interesting and unusual case," went93 on Mr. Wallis.
"Of course," echoed Mr. Wallis politely, but without anxiety.
This is an error, for Wallis gives the correct form as above.The Hindu-Arabic Numerals
David Eugene Smith
Wallis gripped him firmly but kindly by the wrists, and forced him into a seat.
Half an hour later Wallis and Lita were in the room with the dying girl.
- the German name for Valais
- Sir Barnes (Neville). 1887–1979, English aeronautical engineer. He designed the airship R100, the Wellesley and Wellington bombers, and the bouncing bomb (1943), which was used to destroy the Ruhr dams during World War II
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012