- in, at, or to whatever place.
- in any case or condition: wherever it is heard of.
- where? (used emphatically): Wherever did you find that?
Origin of wherever
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for wherever
Wherever he travels, Václav Klaus can be assured a welcome reception from likeminded free marketers.Vaclav Klaus, Libertarian Hero, Has His Wings Clipped by Cato Institute
December 22, 2014
Also in Germany, he made The Mountain Eagle, which was set, Hitchcock recalled, “in Old Kentucky, wherever that might be.”Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days
December 13, 2014
This is just the way we consume TV now: our favorite shows, whenever we want them, wherever we want them.
Its award-winning Sling technology allows consumers to take their live and recorded TV with them wherever they want.
“Wherever the investigation leads is where the district attorney plans to go,” Todd told The Daily Beast.New York's Next Killer-Cop Grand Jury
December 6, 2014
How like him to be there, to be wherever anyone was in trouble!K
Mary Roberts Rinehart
Wherever I glance my eyes, they meet something that pricks them like a needle.Old News
This, for the first-time, came to our knowledge last night, after his return from wherever he had been.Ridgeway
Wherever there was a knot of midnight roisterers, they quaffed her health.The Sister Years (From "Twice Told Tales")
Whoever she might be, wherever she was, she might know what to expect should she be discovered.Quaint Courtships
- at, in, or to every place or point which; wherewherever she went, he would be there
- (subordinating) in, to, or at whatever placewherever we go the weather is always bad
- no matter whereI'll find you, wherever you are
- informal at, in, or to an unknown or unspecified placeI'll go anywhere to escape: London, Paris, or wherever
- an intensive form of where, used in questionswherever can they be?
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for wherever
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper