- a list of novels, motion pictures, etc., deemed suitable for juveniles, members of a particular faith, or other specified groups of individuals.
- a list of persons thought by a business concern to be qualified or otherwise suitable for employment.
- a list of individuals, organizations, etc., having security clearance from government officials.
- a list of business establishments approved for patronage because of hiring practices, religious or political affiliations, etc.
- a list kept by a labor union, containing the names of employers who maintain working conditions approved by the union.
- Digital Technology. a list of email addresses or web addresses that are allowed to pass through a spam filter.
- to put on a whitelist.
Origin of whitelist
First recorded in 1905–10
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018