- Gamaliel,1863–1932, U.S. biographer and novelist.
- Roark [rawrk, rohrk] /rɔrk, roʊrk/, 1896–1948, U.S. novelist and short-story writer.
- William,1590–1657, Pilgrim settler: second governor of Plymouth Colony 1621–56.
- William,1663–1752, American printer, born in England.
- a city in West Yorkshire, in N England.
- a city in N Pennsylvania.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an industrial city in N England, in Bradford unitary authority, West Yorkshire: a centre of the woollen industry from the 14th century and of the worsted trade from the 18th century; university (1966). Pop: 293 717 (2001)
- a unitary authority in West Yorkshire. Pop: 477 800 (2003 est). Area: 370 sq km (143 sq miles)