- Helen Her·ron [her-uh n] /ˈhɛr ən/, 1861–1943, U.S. First Lady 1909–13 (wife of William Howard Taft).
- Lo·ra·do [luh-rey-doh] /ləˈreɪ doʊ/, 1860–1936, U.S. sculptor.
- Robert A(l·phon·so) [al-fon-soh] /ælˈfɒn soʊ/, 1889–1953, U.S. lawyer and political leader (son of William Howard).
- William Howard,1857–1930, 27th president of the U.S. 1909–13; chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court 1921–30.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- William Howard. 1857–1930, US statesman; 27th president of the US (1909–13)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for william howard taft
surname, from a variant of Old English toft "homestead, site of a house."
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper