- excellent; great; marvelous: We all had a wonderful weekend.
- of a sort that causes or arouses wonder; amazing; astonishing: The storm was wonderful to behold.
Origin of wonderful
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. awesome, wondrous, miraculous, prodigious, astonishing, amazing, astounding, phenomenal, unique, curious, strange.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for wonderfulness
That was the intolerable thing—his wonderfulness, his damned wonderfulness.Erik Dorn
No words can describe your wonderfulness, so I send you my heart instead.Bird of Paradise
But it was Audrey who most deeply had the sense of the wonderfulness of the thing.The Lion's Share
E. Arnold Bennett
The drive across the wonderfulness of the moor was a soothing thing.The Secret Garden
Frances Hodgson Burnett
Americans are a great people, but disagree with their wonderfulness.The House of the Misty Star
Fannie Caldwell Macaulay
- exciting a feeling of wonder; marvellous or strange
- extremely fine; excellent
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for wonderfulness
late Old English wunderfull (see wonder). Related: Wonderfully.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper