- (in telephoning)
- a call made to a number other than the one intended.
- the number or person reached through such a call.
- the wrong person for a particular task, role, or situation: Me cook a gourmet dinner?—You've got the wrong number!
- an inadequate, disagreeable, or repulsive person: She's OK, but her brother's a wrong number.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a telephone number wrongly connected or dialled in error or the person so contacted
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012