- the 10th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
Origin of rā
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- rear admiral
- astronomy right ascension
- (in Britain) Royal Academician or Academy
- (in Britain) Royal Artillery
- Argentina (international car registration)
Word Origin for RA
(sense 5) from República Argentina
- the ancient Egyptian sun god, depicted as a man with a hawk's head surmounted by a solar disc and serpent
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for rā
"hawk-headed sovereign sun god of Egyptian mythology," from Egyptian R' "sun, day."
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The symbol for the elementradium
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The symbol for radium.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.