- free from color.
- able to emit, transmit, or receive light without separating it into colors.
QUIZ YOURSELF ON "WAS" VS. "WERE"!
OTHER WORDS FROM achromaticach·ro·mat·i·cal·ly, adverb
Words nearby achromatic
Example sentences from the Web for achromatic
The construction of achromatic telescopes depends upon this principle.
The achromatic lens consists of a double convex lens of crown glass combined with a plano-concave lens of flint glass.
Achromatic lenses are used in all high-grade optical instruments such as telescopes and microscopes.
The colored images that are sometimes seen in cheap opera glasses show the result of not using achromatic lenses.
The camera is furnished with either meniscus achromatic or rapid rectilinear lens.Kodaks and Kodak Supplies, 1914|Canadian Kodak Company
British Dictionary definitions for achromatic
- not staining with standard dyes
- of or relating to achromatin
- involving no sharps or flats
- another word for diatonic