a total dose of radiation administered over such a short period that biological recovery is impossible
Words That Can Ruin Your SentenceActually . . . crutch words slip into sentences in order to give the speaker more time to think or to emphasize a statement. Over time, they become unconscious verbal tics. Here are some crutch words to avoid!
Xanax barsRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
- acute bulbar poliomyelitis,
- acute compression triad,
- acute contagious conjunctivitis,
- acute disease,
- acute disseminated encephalomyelitis,
- acute epidemic leukoencephalitis,
- acute glaucoma,
- acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis,
- acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis,
- acute idiopathic polyneuritis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012