- a benign tumor originating in a secretory gland.
- a benign tumor of glandlike structure.
Origin of adenoma
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for adenomatous
The disease is frequently associated with adenomatous disease of the cervix, formerly called erosion.
- a tumour, usually benign, occurring in glandular tissue
- a tumour having a glandlike structure
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or relating to adenoma.
- Of or relating to various types of glandular hyperplasia.
- A benign epithelial tumor having a glandular origin and structure.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.