- of or produced by the adrenal glands.
- situated near or on the kidneys; suprarenal.
Origin of adrenal
Examples from the Web for adrenal
Contemporary Examples of adrenal
Virgin says this diet might also be problematic for women who are under chronic stress and have adrenal issues.Does Intermittent Fasting Really Work?
March 6, 2014
Historical Examples of adrenal
Adrenin is a substance secreted into the blood by the adrenal glands.The Analysis of Mind
It is valuable in this connection to compare the adrenal in scurvy with that of beriberi.Scurvy Past and Present
Alfred Fabian Hess
This substance was recovered by them from the cortex of the adrenal gland.
The adrenal secretion also protects them in some way against fatigue.Psychology
Robert S. Woodworth
It is generally believed that the internal secretion of the thyroid and the adrenal are antagonistic.
- on or near the kidneys
- of or relating to the adrenal glands or their secretions
- an adrenal gland
Word Origin for adrenal
"of or near the kidneys," 1866, Modern Latin, from ad- + renalis "of the kidneys," from Latin renes "kidneys." Adrenal gland is from 1875.
- At, near, or on the kidneys.
- Of or relating to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- An adrenal gland or tissue.