- the care and treatment of a convalescent patient.
Origin of aftercare
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- support services by a welfare agency for a person discharged from an institution, such as hospital, hostel, or prison
- med the care before and after discharge from hospital of a patient recovering from an illness or operation
- any system of maintenance or upkeep of an appliance or productcontact lens aftercare
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Follow-up care provided after a medical procedure or treatment program.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.