- a small cramp iron.
- a clasp, often richly ornamented, for clothing or armor.
- a device, as a hook, for preventing vibration in the section of a piano string between the pin and the bridge.
- (in classical architecture) a sculptural relief on the face of a keystone.
Origin of agraffe
Examples from the Web for agraffe
Historical Examples of agraffe
But he wrote certain poems, in which Stroom and Graith, and the Agraffe appear.
He added that others such as Stroom, Graith, and Agraffe appeared in his poems.
What part the Agraffe played in it (a medival beast I imagined) I could not know, could not guess.
sometimes US agrafe
- a fastening consisting of a loop and hook, formerly used in armour and clothing
- a metal cramp used to connect stones