- openness to the air: the airiness of a balcony facing the sea.
- sprightliness of manner: a ballet marked by airiness and deft movement.
- snobbishness; affectation.
Origin of airiness
Related Words for airinessdelicacy, tenderness, subtlety, lightness, elegance, fragility, thinness, airiness, fluffiness, debility, weakness, translucency, infirmity, transparency, frailty, softness, smoothness, slenderness, tenuity, sheerness
Examples from the Web for airiness
Historical Examples of airiness
Stables and neat-houses were the perfection of cleanliness and airiness.In the Heart of Vosges
The airiness of the walls was a relief to him after the infected room.The Mermaid
Yet acuteness of psychology is never sacrificed to airiness of style.Modernities
Horace Barnett Samuel
It is not for me to strive to be wafted away into the airiness of an Angel.Glimpses of Bengal
Sir Rabindranath Tagore
At the mention of "Ned Napier" the clerk's airiness disappeared.The Air Ship Boys
- the quality or condition of being fresh, light, or breezy
- lightness of heart; gaiety