- Mathematics. forming an exact proper divisor: An aliquot part of 15 is 5.
- Chemistry, Pharmacology. comprising a known fraction of a whole and constituting a sample: an aliquot quantity of acid for analysis.
- an aliquot part.
Origin of aliquot
Examples from the Web for aliquot
Historical Examples of aliquot
Or the third term of the proportion may be multiplied by the denominator of the fraction representing the aliquot part.
Aliquot, al′i-kwot, adj. such a part of a number as will divide it without a remainder.
This multiplied by 5/4 gives the total loss for the aliquot portion taken.Soap-Making Manual
E. G. Thomssen
They must secure for the states of the Southern Republic their aliquot share of the varied treasures of the West.The Little Lady of Lagunitas
Richard Henry Savage
Practice is performed by taking "aliquot parts;" to be a man of some "parts" is therefore necessary.Comic Arithmetic
- maths of, signifying, or relating to an exact divisor of a quantity or number3 is an aliquot part of 12 Compare aliquant
- consisting of equal quantitiesthe sample was divided into five aliquot parts
- an aliquot part
Word Origin for aliquot
- A portion of the whole, especially one of two or more samples of something that have the same volume or weight.